Saturday, August 20, 2016

Quick Introduction and Blog Objective

This blog will be a dump for information that I find about the Bee-Link Z83, which has similar hardware to the BT3.

The man differences between the two are:

  • A redesign of the case. This was due to a over heading issue. From what I can tell they had a large plate that the bottom heat sink makes contact to. I believe others are still reporting over heating issues, so this might take some modding to address.
  • The EMMC ROM is 64GB in the BT3 and 32GB in the Z83.
Drivers, the motherboard, and so on seem to be all the same.

I'm attempting to fully support the device in Linux. I prefer Ubuntu or Debian. I'm not expert, but I have a wide array of skills that I fill could make this happen. 

I have two units to test. My end goal is to run a form of emulation station or Kodi based media center.

No comments:

Post a Comment